Etad 402 Blog post 2
Blog Post - Asg. 2
What were the models?
The 3 models were the Addie model, Gagne's 9 events model and the Keller's Arc model
How do they differ?
Addie Model - This model is basic where you look back at your lesson and reflect how the class went, successes and failures. We also use this model a lot in teaching, we don't even know where doing it. I'm constantly making changes to how and the way I present material in my welding classes. Making it better to understand and students successful.
Gagne's 9 Events- This model breaks your teaching down in 9 steps. Makes it easier to see what your doing what you are doing. When I saw this model, I knew I was using it in my class.
Keller's Arc Model - This model is about building interest in a subject area with expectations, support, relevance and feedback.
.
Which makes more sense to your style of delivery?
After going through the presentation I feel the Gagne's 9 events model fits my teaching style due to the 9 things. I already pretty much use this style in my welding classes. As teachers I think we use all of these models in some way, some more than others.
How might you incorporate them into your instruction?
I already use Gagne's and find it works great in my class. I want my students to be excited about what they are going to learn, so I use demonstrations and sample work a lot. Having previous students taking the next level helps use prior knowledge. By having outcomes and sample welds my students know what they need to accomplish. I always break it down from beginning with easy to hard tasks to build that confidence. Give lots of feedback and assess their work giving them ample time to redo work to achieve at higher levels. We use a lot real world environment a lot in my classes as well. This is why I find it fits well my classes.
Why is instructional design important?
I feel its important because whichever model you use that you create learning experiences that reach all types of learners and connect with students. It engages your class to want to be involved and succeed.
Are their other models of ID, which?
Yes there is. Such as SAM, Action Mapping, and Merrill's 5 star model just to name a few I found on google.
Very insightful and right on the money.
ReplyDelete