Assignment 2 Using GIMP
















Image 1: In this first image I cropped the image to just include the top of the mountain. I also change the brightness and contrast levels.






Image 2: In this image I used the cartoon effect by using the threshold adjustment tool.



Image 3: In this image I choose to use changing the picture from color to black and white, by using the desaturate tool, using luminosity shade option.



Image 4:  In this image I used the sharpen filter and slight adjustment color levels tool. Also adjusted picture using posterize color tool.



Image 5:  In this image I first adjusted the black and white input levels in color levels, then I changed the Hue-saturation levels to bring out the colors by changing the hue/lightness/saturation levels. I also adjusted the color levels changing by increasing/decreasing colors.



Image 6: In this image I choose to change the color balance by adding more red and yellow to show the colors of the leaves. I also added text to the image.



Image 7: In this picture I changed the background color and adjusted the lightness and saturation. I found this to be the most challenging to do.



Image 8:  In this image I added a drop shadow to the image and adjusted the brightness and contrast levels.




Image 9:  In this image I had some fun adding facial hair to my son's picture. I used the paintbrush tool first, then I changed the HSV noise filter settings and then used the motion blur setting in filters. Made some adjustments in color levels, and changing the opacity level. Lastly used the smudge tool.






Image 10:  In this image I used the fuzzy select tool for each locker and changed the color of each.  I also cropped the image to get rid of garbage can.



Visual Aesthetics - 18/20
Variety of tools used 22/25
Creativity  22/25
Posted with information 15/15
Overall Quality 13/15

Total 90/100





Comments

  1. Awesome job with all your photos Lance. They look Great! I think my favorite is the one of your son with the beard, it's really funny. My comment on your cartoon picture is GO HABS GO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, ya I thought that was cool to do. Definitely GO LEAFS GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job Lance! Love the Camaro as well. The beard on your son was awesome! I don't think we have class next summer, but I hope to run in to you to see what new vehicle you have next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No more classes for me, I' sure well get a cold one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done!! The cartoon one is cool except GO Flames!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job Lance. You gonna be the first one across the finish line for for this course; your pace is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job Lance. You gonna be the first one across the finish line for for this course; your pace is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favourite is the locker colour change.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment 5 Shotcut: Video/Information/plans