Week 5 Blog Post
Write
a blog post about your experiences with using GIMP.
Tell
us about the process, how did you take the pictures? Camera
Phone or other.
Tell us about the types of shots you took, did you have an idea about the types
of things you wanted to do to the pictures as you went through the training.
What things did you run into along the way, were there any complications? how
did you solve them.
I have started using GIMP this past week using pictures on my I phone 6 and laptop i took with phone. Most of my pictures were of my son and family. After watching tutorial, I wandered how I was going to make changes like in the video. Still struggling with this in terms of changing 10 different pictures. I went and took pictures of trees, leaves, clouds, scenery and lockers. Still trying to figure what else I can take pictures of to accommodate this assignment.
I had some idea of a few things I wanted to do and try, but not a lot and still trying to figure out that. Along the way so far I'm having difficulty remembering what steps to take to make changes, so i'm constantly reviewing the tutorials. I have also used google to search easier steps if any to kind of follow along, came across a few you tube videos. Still having difficulty, but plugging away.
After completing this assignment I found myself more comfortable using it. I still had to look back at tutorials and other resources to help me along the way. If I continued using it I know I would eventually learn all the tools and shortcuts.
After completing this assignment I found myself more comfortable using it. I still had to look back at tutorials and other resources to help me along the way. If I continued using it I know I would eventually learn all the tools and shortcuts.
Like you Lance, I am finding I am referring to the tutorial, as well as google, a fair bit. The more and more I use it, the more the steps start to stay in memory.
ReplyDeleteThe more you use it, do you find there is a way of implementing this at all in the welding shop? I can't think of anything where you really would use it still, but was curious if you had came across any ideas.
Agreed, it became somewhat less challenging as I spent more time with the program. I don't see any way at this time to implement this in my welding shop.
ReplyDeleteNice work Lance. You could slow down some and catch you breath Rocket Man!
ReplyDeleteNo slowing down, I just want to stay ahead and get this all done.
ReplyDelete